Monday, April 7, 2008

Back To Life

The Dawg and I returned from our trip to Charleston, SC almost a week ago. We had an absolutely wonderful time. It was exactly what the Dr. ordered.



Since I've been home, I've been craving these.
I caved tonight and made them. I do love a hot cinnamon bun.



I was thrilled to come home to these...

They're Knit Picks circular needles. I love 'em!!! They knit like buttah.

I was stunned today when my middle child asked if I would help him organize his room. He just wanted me to instruct him, then let him move the furniture more to his liking. The result...

My final blogworthy item since coming home is that I have been working on a sock. I turned the heel last night, worked on the gusset and saw that I had my work turned all funny and ended up with 2 rows of purl stitch that should have been a knit stitch. I ripped several rows today, feeling quite ill while doing so. I put the work away for a few days, until I can come back to it with a brighter outlook.


Back to life as normal.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marsha said...

So THAT's where the phrase knit picking came from! I had no idea it really was an item.

Love your buns...you know what I mean. Do you think you could save me one and send it with Missy this weekend? It just wouldn't be the same a week old and not fresh out of the oven.

Love the room makeover. Good job 'middle child'.

Glad you had a great time in Charleston. Mike and I are going to A'ville tomorrow and spending the night. I have a dr appointment there on Wednesday and some errands to run. We decided it would just be easier to spend the night.

Missy said...

Not to mention the fact that tomorrow is their anniversary! ;)

Life is back to normal for you until Friday!
Yippee!!!

That room looks great, is the the one downstairs?
It does not look like the same room.
Great work!

Marsha said...

BTW... you may need to do the sign in thing to get rid of this spam. They seem to like you.

Ames said...

Sock looks great! Is that a micro fiber you picked up?

Cinnamon buns look wonderful, too.

Stace' said...

Marsha,
I think the product was named after the phrase. Sorry, After we each had a bun, I threw the rest away so I wouldn't be tempted.

Happy Anniversary! Have fun in Asheville. I love that place. Go do a wine tasting at the Biltmore.

Missy,
Can't wait!!! Knoxville, here we come!!!
Yes, that's the room you guys stayed in while here.


Ames, I think it's a cotton, nylon blend. ?? The package is upstairs. I'll let you know next time I look at it. :)

Shan said...

Oh, ripping is just the same as knitting. It gets you further towards your final goal of being better at it, right? You don't often make the same mistake twice.

Good for you, starting the socks!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.