Saturday, November 3, 2007

What The Heck???


I ran to Lowe's to look over their flowers. Just air out a bit. As I was riding through town, on 2 corners there were families out "preaching". Something about all of this made me cringe. It made me feel angry if I'm totally honest. Behind my anger, I'm sad. They were waving posters with flames, and screaming about sin. I have no clue who these folks were, or what they are about, I just hope that during the rest of the week their lives are drawing folks that don't know Christ TO him, especially their children and youth.

I think I had such a strong reaction, in part, because I have loved many people whose lives have been negatively impacted by the misrepresentation of Christ and all He is about. Something of beauty, and life made into dysfunction, schism, angry bigotry, dishonesty, and hate, all in the name of God. It can take a lot of time to unlearn all the lies about who God is and what He's about. It most assuredly takes courage to challenge your belief system.
Maybe those folks on the corner today are dead on and I'm way off. At this point in my life I'm just wanting to live in such a way that makes people want to know the risen Lord. Most of all, I want my children to be absolutely clear what we're FOR, and what the business is that we are to be about. If they are clear that worship is vitally important, we are to Love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, strength, might, love our neighbors as ourselves, and keep a clear conscience before God and man, I'll be one happy gal when I depart. For now, that is enough and keeping me quite busy.

9 comments:

Missy said...

Great picture to dipict whats going on.
I am in t total aggreement with ya my friend. All we can do is keep pressing on towards the prize, and prayerfully showing our kids the truth.

Marsha said...

I'm with you Stace'! It is beyond me how they think anyone wants their god (yes, little g). I just don't see where they are worshiping the same God that I do. Yes, He's a God of wrath, and justice, but He's also a God of love, faithfulness, grace, mercy, truth, etc. Anytime you single out just one or two of His attributes and try to say that's totally who He is, you're wrong.

I rejoice that you and Chuck and Missy and Stacy and so many other young couples are raising a brood of vipers, I mean a brood of children to be true worshipers, giving them a future and a hope.

On a side note, can you and kiddos get away to Asheville one day? The Grove Park Inn is hosting the annual Gingerbread House competition and it's free!! You just have to pay for parking. Here's a link about it. http://romanticasheville.com/gingerbread.htm

Missy and I have always wanted to do it, but there's just not enough time during their trip up here for Christmas.

Please say yes!!

Marsha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Missy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marsha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Missy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stace' said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gwen said...

Amen Stace! It's the goodness of God that leads to repentance. While I believe that the wages of sin IS death, we're told that Christians should be easily identifiable by our love. Better to preach the love and mercy of God, I think!

Shan said...

Did you get spammed, or what?

Thanks for your comment on HSBoots - I get a lot of knitting done because I don't clean my house. Presto - a sweater emerges from the chaos!