Wednesday, November 14, 2007

What A Weekend




This weekend The Dawg and I headed to Asheville, NC for an Everybodyfields concert with Michael Holland opening. We had a great night, and ate wonderful food.



As I mentioned before, I would be buying yarn on behalf of one of my children that saw fit to cut some yarn I was using during a crochet project. I found some amazing wool for $7.50 and bought 2.



The Dawg and I returned Saturday around 12:00 and received a call from Grannie that our middle child was in the ER with a possible broken arm. We went straight there, and were in the ER with him for 5 hrs. He did indeed break his left forearm in 2 places. Clean break, and will most likely heal just fine.



Saturday night I went to a friend's house where 5 other girls I grew up were gathered for fun, food, and fellowship. There were gals in from SC, VA, MD, and WI. I spent the night. We stayed up until 4:00 a.m. watching videos of ourselves from our youth, laughing ourselves sick!! I had a great time, and know I'm getting way too old to stay up like that.




A great weekend, for sure!!!

11 comments:

Marsha said...

So you had a "break" all the way around this weekend! ;) Glad you had fun, but sorry for Ethan.
Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Ames said...

Sounds like he did it right. No point in wasting a perfectly good ER trip on a sprain.

Cannot wait to see your yarn and work in person.

Missy said...

Good times! Wish I was a part of it. Not the arm breaking!

Hope you have rested up and recovered from your long weekend!

Gwen said...

Poor guy! Glad things are going to be okay.

And Stace.... a girl is NEVER too old to stay up partying with the chicks!

Ames said...

I meant to say that I am so impressed that you actually took a picture of the yarn store for blog fodder.

Stace' said...

Gwen,
In theory, I agree. The recovery has been less than easy!!

Ames,
I felt like a crook taking this picture. I waited until the owner of the store was busy with a customer. It was fun. Cheap thrill.

Marsha said...

Yea, it looks like you took it about waist high...just barely pulling the camera out of your handbag. Very surveilance like.

Shan said...

Is that Lang Jawoll? If it is, I have never used it but I've heard the ball bands are deceptive - the yardage is not as much as they say it is.

But that shouldn't matter unless you really ARE making socks with it.

Stace' said...

No, it's Lamb's Pride. It's all the same to me right now. I only know what feels good.

Are you kidding? I'm still making scarves and cloths.

I'm only 2 weeks into this knitting, but loving it!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your knitting! My grandmother used to make these pot scratchers from Aunt Lydia's yarn at Hobby Lobby. They are way better than SOS pads and are washable.

I want to see a picture of the whole fam!!

Missy said...

OOOH...You copycater!!!! I'm proud!

Hope E's app went well today!

Love ya!