Sunday, February 3, 2008

Invitation




The other night The Dawg turned to me and asked if I would like to join him in a couple of months for a business trip to beautiful Charleston, SC. Would I???? I called my mother the next morning and asked if she could care for the kids the Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday we would be gone. She sweetly said "Oh honey, you just let me know what you need, and when you want to leave and I would be glad to come stay with the children". Aaaahhh, a blessing indeed! We leave tomorrow and will be back in 2 months. JUST KIDDING!! We will stay Saturday thru Tuesday.




Dawg will have to be in seminars all day Monday, and most of the morning Tuesday. This will enable me to get out, meet a friend for lunch, and shop. Woohoo!!! I'm about to bust with excitment! I just learned we will be staying at a Marriott downtown. Perfect!!! We will have a Reception on Sunday night, then Monday evening we will go on a dinner cruise out to Ft. Sumter. Oh dear, what shall I wear?




I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas. 'Tis fun indeed!




8 comments:

Kim said...

I love, love, love Charleston! It's such a ghostly, romantic, old-OLD city! You must take a carriage tour with a cheesy guy telling you about the city. I wanted so much to take a ghost tour, but it was too expensive.
Oooh, can I come, too? Have a WONDERFUL time.

Gwen said...

Oh, this looks so fantastic! I thoroughly believe in mini get-aways for married couples. It's good for the whole family when Mom & Dad have a weekend away. Have fun!

Gwen said...

p.s. - Charleston is on my must-visit-before-I-die list.

Shan said...

That sounds great - I'm getting depressed sitting here at home with children constantly while everyone I know jets off (or simply drives) to beautiful and exotic places.

Stace' said...

Kim,
The carriage tours are wonderful! A must do! I haven't done the ghost tour either. Not my thing, BUT I've eaten at Poogan's Porch. It's supposed to be haunted. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, but did try one of the most amazing spanish wines I've ever tried with my Shrimp and Grits. Mmmm...

Gwen,
Let me know when you decide to explore Chucktown. Bring Shan, and Ames and I will meet you there. How fun!!! Get aways are always good therapy for me.

Shan,
PLAN a get-a-way. Surely you have a great B&B near you. Even in your town. You have an amazing mother that would surely keep the chaps. MAKE IT HAPPEN FOR YOURSELF!!! You won't be sorry!!

Marsha said...

Hmmm, it looks like it may be time for all of us to go ahead and use those annoying extra sign in thingies so avoid the spam.

Charleston...I love the carriage ride, the market, sawgrass baskets, the flower ladies on the square, low country boil, the oldest theater in America is there. We way Man From La Mancha there a few years ago. The best part was watching Adam and his buddy at it out back at the condo afterwards - complete with singing! Priceless!!

Have an ooo-lala time!

Chuck Hicks said...

The second photo on the post is Drayton Hall. Last February Garden Gal and I walked the grounds of that plantation and talked about the kind of world depicted in Pride & Prejudice. Not a fairytale; it really existed once upon a time. For a couple of hours we were Darcy and Lizzie.

Ames said...

I know you are busy, but do you realize you forgot to call me and tell me when you are picking me up?