Thursday, February 21, 2008

Psalm 121

I will lift up my eyes to the hills
From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.

The LORD is your keeper;
The LORD is your shade at your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night.

The LORD shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore.

3 comments:

Marsha said...

I love the Psalms. They really speak to my heart. And this is one of my favorites. Thanks for posting it. I love the song choice, too.
Love you!

Missy said...

"I will praise you in this storm, and I will lift my hands. Cause You are who You are, and You are were I am."

One time Stacy and I sang that song and at the end of it I read that Psalm. It really runs through my head alot!

Great encouraging words for the day.

Gwen said...

I always thought of this like, "Oh, look at those lovely peaceful hills, but of course my help comes from God." It was stunning when I realized that there were enemies encompassing David and he's saying, "Yikes! I'm surrounded! Good thing my help comes from God."