Friday, January 11, 2008

His Shoes


Today, the Inmates decided they wanted to run the Asylum. The Warden let them. Tonight, the Inmates were all in bed at 8:00. That stinks for them on a Friday night. For the Dawg and I, it's been quiet and wonderful.


I picked up a book and did a little reading while the Dawg did the same. I've been sipping on herbal tea, and doing some much needed quiet thinking also. I was sitting looking at DH as he was reading, and my mind ran with imaginations of being 36 (I'm almost 33), starting a second marriage, and having 3 more children (making a total of 5), as my DH did. I can't imagine! I got lost in my own thoughts and the feelings that accompanied. WOW! DH looked over at me and asked if I was okay. I told him I was. He kept looking at me, able to tell something was wrong, or I was in deep thought. He asked what I was thinking and I told him. It opened up some amazing conversation.


It's so easy to get too comfortable in marriage, thinking we know one another inside and out. I don't want to ever get so settled into that mindset that I forget to kick off my sandals, and slide on his boots so I can rediscover who I'm married to.


Thank you Lord for this man.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

What a great post, girl! I can feel the love.
I agree about the being comfortable. Mike and I just started something 2 weeks ago. we're making a conscious effort to discover something new about each other every week, and when we discover it, tell the other one about it. It's been really a great couple of weeks for conversation and affirmation within our marriage.

Missy said...

I'm glad you had that time last night. Love to all!