Monday, January 7, 2008

Love In Action


Last night I was awakened by a gagging sound around 11:30. I went into our youngest child's room only to find my eldest saying "It's okay, throw up on the floor, miss the bed". The smell was awful, and cleaning up vomit fresh out of a sound sleep isn't my favorite thing to do. My middle child wondered over the horrid gagging coming from the room and came in with his usual impish smile. He started to say "what's that smell?" and only got the "what's" part out. I shook my head, and he just curled his nose. I dismissed him after he asked the youngest if she was okay. The eldest got her some new pj's out, and helped me with the clean up. He was excused several times, and wanted to help me get her settled in. We did. She mastered the art of vomiting in a trash can, and I got up with her several more times before she would finally sleep through the night.
This morning I was talking to my oldest as I was doing last night's laundry. I had taken out the sheets and shook the chunks off (I hope you aren't eating while reading this post!). He asked if I was okay, I guess I was looking a bit green around the gills. Once I assured him I was, he said how he had gone to bed last night only to find our middle child crying as his sister was gagging again. The oldest questioned what was wrong and he said it just made him sad to know his sister was sick and having to go through that. I don't know that I could have been blessed more today.

Often times as a Mother, I feel like I am scattering seeds in the garden of my children's soul, but know there are limits to what I can do. There comes a point where they and their truest Father have to work out the things I am teaching. I pray they do. It is so encouraging when you see buds here and there of the life and truth you are seeking to live in front of these young lives. To see love in action like I did last night is a grand gift from The Father, from them, and from my husband for providing for us so we can live a life that is fostering this closeness among these children. May it continue for the rest of their lives.
I truly will have no greater joy than to know my children walk in truth, and love one another well.

8 comments:

Missy said...

True and sweet...
I love your kids :)

Marsha said...

How precious! It brought tears to my eyes. You've got great kids and that's no accident. Keep sowing those seeds and then sit back and watch as they "work out their own salvation". (Phil. 2)

I hope our sweet girl is doing better and that no one else gets it. That would be a miracle!

Shan said...

Oh, poor thing. What a nice brother to have.

And Ew. I've been there at 2.45 AM and the worst part is, ain't nobody cleaning that up but you, baby.

XOXO

Marsha said...

Anyone else come down with it yet?

Stace' said...

Everyone is doing well. Thanks for asking.

Yolanda said...

Stace, I hope you stay healthy. Where in the south are you. I lived most of my life in MS andTN?

Stace' said...

I live in NC

Stace' said...

Where in TN? My MIL lives in Sevierville.