Sunday, September 30, 2007

Lucy And Ethel? No, Lucy and Ann


There is a lot to be said for a Best Friend.


I never had a Sister growing up. I always fantasized about having one, and in my fantasy, I didn't ever like her. It's just as well that I didn't have one...


I DID have a Best Friend that was as opposite from me as a gal could be. I am a "strapping" gal of 5'10'' and have been since 13. I weigh more than you would guess, for sure, and there's nothing petite about me. I have a pretty bold, and very honest perspective, and opinion to express most of the time, and until recent yrs. lacked much discretion with my honest opinions. There isn't much bubbly or sweet about me, and having 2 pretty "cool" brothers, I didn't tend to be very silly.


My Dearest Friend from childhood is not even 5' tall, very petite, tends to be more non-confrontational, she chooses her battles carefully. She certainly has opinions, but is able to come across as neutral. I've had the privilege of hearing many of the rants others would never hear. Missy is one of the most loving, giving, and truly sweet people I've ever known. It's genuine. Not a bunch of fake, put on stuff. She's pretty bubbly, sweet, and lots of fun, at times borderline silly, even now.


We've been friends since we were 4, I think. Her home would be the first of many of my "homes away from home".


I got a call from her tonight. We talked for almost 2 hrs. and I just need to say what a comfort it is to have people who know almost all there is to know about you, at least, the very worst, and still love you, accept you, and want relationship with you. It's a gift indeed! Missy, I'm glad to have you as my friend!!! You've been much better than that Sister I fantasized about.


Thank you for hanging in here with me for all these yrs.


I love you girl!!


5 comments:

Missy said...

Wow! That was really sweet! Thanks so much for that encouragment. I would not make it through half the battles I do choose the fight if I didn't have you didn't have my back!
And since I do have a sister, I can safely say that we are close as sisters can be!

OH...and I am 5 foot even!

Love you too...lots!

Chuck Hicks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marsha said...

I love you girl!

Kim said...

That is funny because she and I have been close for 14 years now and she has always been the bolder one of the two of us. I feel like you are my distant relative that I should know better after all these years of hearing about you.

Anonymous said...

I don't even remember how Missy and I came to the realization that we both knew the same "Stacy."