Sunday, September 16, 2007

Open Hands


Last night The Dawg was watching a college game that began to feel more personal than entertaining, so he declared that if Alabama lost to Arkansas there would be no more college ball in our home. Mercy!! Our boys would have needed many sessions of therapy for that one!! He cut off the T.V. and "hit the road" taking a mile walk, talking out some frustrations with the Lord. I finished folding a load of clothes, put them away, turned out all the lights in the living room, grabbed a blanket, and went out to sit on the patio (this was around 10:00). I sat for a good while praying and looking a the stars before he got home. He arrived, and I just continued praying and star gazing. After a while, he began to open up, and talk about many things on his mind. He announced that he thinks he may leave the career he has been in for roughly 21 yrs. and "do something else". It's funny, I was just sure a yr. ago when some things were going on in his work situation, that the Lord would intervene and all would be well in no time. NOT SO!! Instead, the Lord has granted us the grace to weather the storms, and see ourselves in the midst. Yuck!! It has provided me with an opportunity to see, and surrender much to the one who knows that I am but dust, and died for me anyway. I'm learning that He's good, regardless of what's going on. I'm also learning that what a very wise, faithful father figure told me yrs. ago is true..."Stacey, hang onto hope, but don't EXPECT". I think he knew me far better than I ever gave him credit for. I'm growing into that. I still have plenty of wiggle room, and thus room to grow. Most likely it will be a work in progress until I'm on the other side. I do feel though, like I am at a place with the Lord where my hands are wide open, willing to go, do, or stay wherever He wants us, and waiting with bated breathe for what's next.
Father,
Thank you for all you've given, all you've taken away, all you have planned, and all you are!!!

2 comments:

Missy said...

Enjoyed talking to you last night. We will be praying for this situation.
Don't forget...lots of houses for sale in my neighborhood!

Marsha said...

We'll be praying for you all. I know it's tough when the job wears your hubby down. We went through that in Mike's previous career.

Love you!