Monday, October 22, 2007

Oink Award

Today I bit the bullet and cleaned the rooms of 2 of my children. Oh my word!!! It amazes me the JUNK these children can accumulate in no time flat.

I haven't done a good "Mom clean" in a while. Trashing what they haven't taken care of in the 2 day grace/warning period, and finding places for what's left. I got a full trash bag out of each child's room.

My daughter came in, looked around, and said "Oh, it feels so good to be in my room again". I'm glad she feels that way. I hope she will maintain the order for a long time. If not, she will most likely suffer the devastation of missing goods that have been sent to junk heaven (a.k.a, the dump).

While cleaning I received a phone call from a young man that came around my neighborhood from a local investment firm a few weeks ago. He's new in town, and I was friendly toward him, though I was honest that I don't have any money to invest anywhere. Today he wanted to let me know of some good bonds that were available if we had any extra money handy. I played it cool. He then asked if we have retirement plans. I assured him we do through my husband's work (I should have made it clear that my husband does). He then asked me about mine. I almost busted out laughing, telling him that "I have mine in my room, on the floor, right by my door. It's an old apple juice jar full of change I get out of the washing machine while doing laundry". The reality is that I pray my children will take me in and care for me when I am old and feeble, heck, I hope I don't get feeble, and yet grow very old.

The Lord has funny ways of adding humor to my days. I've learned to be humored by the little things in life, and not take myself too seriously.

Retirement. Hmmm...maybe I could raise pigs!!!

3 comments:

Missy said...

Tuscany! Don't forget. Our children can get rid of us by sending us to Tuscany!

Marsha said...

And raise the grapes that make Pinot so you and Missy and keep me really happy as a 95 year old woman in the nursing home.

Ames said...

I hear ya, loud and clear!