Sunday, October 21, 2007

Shadows


I can remember times when I was a young girl, in those last moments of my day, waiting to fall asleep, getting scared out of my mind by the shadows that were cast on my wall from the trees out in my backyard. I KNEW that they were trees, and yet they still scared me. I think the problem was that there were other things I was scared of, and the shadows tapped into those fears.


I think the same thing can happen in relationships. Something very black and white gets distorted and skewed because of misconceptions, frustrations about other things, fatigue, or other problems at hand.


I don't know that there is an exact answer as to the best way to handle each relational "shadow". I do know that as a girl, rolling over, crying, asking the Lord to HELP, and holding on to the reality that in the light of morning I could go outside, look at the trees, and know that it truly was only the tree's shadow I was seeing on my wall. JUST a tree. Whew! Then I would lift my head toward the heavens, and ask the Lord to take care of all those scary feelings. He did. All in good time, He did...

2 comments:

Marsha said...

And when end of our time on earth comes, we will face yet another shadow. But we will not need to fear that unknown valley either because He promises to be right there with us.
Nice post, Stace'.

Missy said...

Good way to look at our "misunderstandings". I like that!